Scott Williams

Scott Williams

Scott Williams
Total Posts:  1
Joined  14-08-2013

14 August 2013 17:44

Good Evening.

My name is Scott Williams.  I am 57 years old, and have been hunting since the ripe old age of 11.  I am a retired Detective, a former member of the Houston Police Department, where I was employed for 29 years. 

My outdoor interest was nurtured by my Mother and Father.  While my father was a rabbit, and bird hunter, he passed before I could get him involved in bowhunting. 

While I still have a healthy interest in small game hunting, I still bird, duck, and goose hunt. I am a bowhunter first and foremost.  I hunt only with traditional equipment, so I can be found during the bow season carrying a longbow, or recurve bow. 

I have a beagle, “Hunter”, and a younger [!%#&!] who is not yet hunting, “Xena.”  Hunter is one of the best rabbit hounds I have owned in years.  He has to wait until late in the season to chase rabbits, as that is usually when I have tagged out from my bow hunting. 

I have successfully taken game in Florida, Michigan, Texas, and now in South Dakota.  I have taken exotic game, such as “Spanish Goats”,  Mouflon Rams, Corsican Rams, turkey, javelina, wild hogs beyond number, and whitetail deer.  All taken with my stick and string. 

New challenges await me in this wonderful state of South Dakota!  I have a pocket full of archery tags, a fall turkey tag, and antelope tag.  The outdoor opportunities that my wife and I have experience here are beyond our wildest dreams. 

Looking forward to another exciting season. May your pursuits, whatever they are, be safe, enjoyable, and a learning experience.  Never forget to thank God for these wonderful opportunities.

JasonB

JasonB
Total Posts:  28
Joined  01-07-2013

16 August 2013 14:52

Welcome Scott!  I too am looking forward to a fall armed with a pocket full of archery tags!  Let us know how you do!

JimRiver

JimRiver
Total Posts:  1
Joined  16-02-2014

16 February 2014 14:44

Hey Scott,

I just signed on and see that you are right here too.  Keep in touch.

I really want to find you a great mule deer with your custom bow.

Say hi to Sammie Jo for me.

Willie